Many people believe hiring a real estate professional is a waste of time. They believe they can sell their home on their own without any help from an agent. And, sometimes...that's true! Not all homes that sell, is through a real estate agent. BUT, there is no substitute for an experienced professional. Taking on all the responsibility yourself could be costlier than an agent's commission.
Beyond the price advantage, homes listed by real estate professionals get more exposure. Their sellers also get more support! Take a look at the following list. Real estate professionals are:
- Trained, licensed professionals
- Experienced in your neighborhood & your market
- Able to give you oversight from brokers & licensing officials
- Able to help you reach your goals in the best way
- Able to present your home and deal with buyers
- Able to market properties
- Able to overcome typical issues that occur in real estate transactions and closings
- Able to look out for your best interests
- Understand personal safety and security for your belongings during showings
- Able to make transactions go smoothly with knowing lawyers, bankers and mortgage specialists
- Able to get access to the most accurate and up to date comprehensive data through MLS
- Able to negotiate
- Able to make real estate transactions successful
- Kept up to date with continuing education on housing issues
You can never go wrong with a real estate professional in your corner. You will have a partner by your side to advocate for you and help you through the entire home selling/buying process.
Well...this brings me to my next point. What is the cost of hiring an agent?
In most cases, it costs you NOTHING! Let me flip the tables for a minute. As YOUR agent, I am here to educate you. I will take you through the buying process, market conditions and neighborhoods. I spend many hours researching properties to find the one that meets your needs. I will also be by your side to check off every bullet in the list above. In most cases, this and more will be in the sellers cost. There are possible situations when some fees may apply. Those situations will NEVER take place without your prior understanding and consent.
Here we are again at the end of another blog post. I hope this clarifies the reasons why it is good to have a real estate professional in your corner.
Thanks for reading and until next time...Keep it "REAL"!